Some updates to the City of Regina Standard Construction Specifications were posted on the City’s website on January 22,2018. A summary of the revisions is attached. The major changes include:
- A new specification 1500 for temporary crossing of critical infrastructure (i.e. the Buffalo Pound WTP Supply lines and McCarthy Boulevard Pump Station Forcemains) has been added.
- The new asphalt supply and placement specifications have been adopted.
- Section 2511 for Water Mains: The major change to this is to the spec for two bolt couplers for pipe <= 300mm. Previously only PVC Couplers for pipe <= 300 mm were specified. However, in practice two bolt couplers with epoxy coated, carbon steel sleeves were being used on a trial basis. For pipe <= 300mm, the City now allows either PVC couplers , or two bolt couplers but with stainless steel or epoxy coated, ductile iron sleeves only. Epoxy coated carbon steel sleeves are no longer to be used be used as they are currently under review by Water and Sewer Operations. The specification for steel water mains has also been revised to more closely align with AWWA standards (i.e. AWWA C200).
- After some discussion with industry last summer and further review on the cost/benefit of epoxy coated rebar, epoxy coated rebar is no longer required.
- We are also continuing to work on updates to the Open Space specifications and hope to be distributing the proposed revisions for review later this year. For now, please continue to use the 2011 Open Space specifications.
January 29, 2018