Thank you to everyone who volunteered at the University of Saskatchewan Career Expo on September 18th and at the University of Regina Career Fair on September 23rd.
What happens during a Career Fair?
- Typically, the career fair booth has two engineers, who can be at any level in their careers. For example, a young professional and principal can work the booth at the same time.
- Volunteers can work the booth for 1-2 hours.
- Forms are provided for the students to sign up for the ACEC-SK Newsletter.
- ACEC-SK business cards and brochures are available to hand out to students.
- Volunteers should encourage students to like our FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter pages.
- Tablets are provided to show students how to access the Find a Member Firm search and Careers webpage on ACEC-SK website.
- Volunteers would share their experiences and answer any questions the students may have.
What happens during a Student Information Session?
- Typically, at least three volunteers attend the session. Senior, intermediate, and junior engineers.
- Approximately 100-200 students attend.
- Sessions can be in the evening or during lunch time.
- Volunteers have a PowerPoint presentation about ACEC-SK and Consulting Engineering that they can share during the session.
- Each volunteer shares their experience about their consulting career, how they found out about consulting, is it what they expected, etc...
- Students are given the opportunity to ask questions.
- Frequently, students stay after the session and ask questions.
Contact the ACEC-SK office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306.359.3338 if you are interested in volunteering for a Career Fair or Student Information Session.